These easy to make flapjacks are really useful for healthy snacks. Try wrapping them individually and keeping in the freezer, ready to grab when you’re on the go. Candied peel does contain some added sugar so add extra sultanas instead if you prefer.
- Set the oven temperature to 150°C (130°C fan), gas mark 2.
- Place the apricots in a large pan with the water, bring to the boil and then remove from the heat, cover the pan with a lid and leave the mixture to soak for about 30 minutes, or until the apricots are soft.
- Once softened, blend the apricot mixture in a food processor or mash by hand before adding the remaining ingredients and mixing well with a wooden spoon.
- Tip the mixture out into the brownie tin or baking tray. Use the back of a spoon to spread and flatten the mixture, pressing it down firmly.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a sharp knife cut into 12-16 bars while warm, then leave to cool in the tin.
- Store in an airtight container and eat within five days or freeze.