A friend made this recently for a yoga day she was running as she wanted to serve some healthy treats. I hadn’t made it for years and had forgotten how good it is. It was a hit with everyone. Once a recipe book is out I’m busy testing out new recipes for the next production so only occasionally go back to the old ones. It was good to re-visit ‘Cooking Without’.
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (180° fan), gas mark 6, and grease a small loaf tin.
- If a food processor is available, place all the ingredients except the sultanas into the goblet and process until smooth and well mixed. Alternatively, beat the egg, mash the banana and add the remaining ingredients, beating well with a wooden spoon.
- Add and mix in the sultanas.
- Place the mixture in the loaf tin and bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Turn out of the tin and cool on a wire tray. Keep in a covered containing in the fridge and eat within 3 days or freeze in slices.