I based this recipe on a dish I enjoyed when on holiday in Majorca. I’m really pleased with the finished result as it is equally as delicious.
- Boil the potatoes whole in their skins for approximately 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. They should be slightly undercooked at this stage. Allow to cool.
- Dice the onion and sweat in the olive oil until it begins to soften and brown. Dice the courgette, add to the pan and sweat the vegetables for a few more minutes.
- Chop the spinach and add to the onion and courgette along with the pine nuts, raisins, tomatoes, herbs and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the mixture into 1 large or 4 small gratin dishes. Lay the fish pieces on top.
- Skin the potatoes then grate them using a food processor or hand grater. Pile the grated potatoes on top of the fish, pressing down a little but leaving the surface quite rough.
- Brush the surface with olive oil and bake at the top of the oven for approximately 15 minutes for the small dishes and 20 minutes for the larger at 200°C (400°F), gas mark 6. Place under a hot grill for 2 minutes if the potatoes have not browned sufficiently in the oven.