Broad Bean, Pea and Mint Humous
makes 1 bowl
- 125g (4½oz) broad beans, freshly picked or frozen baby broad beans
- 75g (3oz) fresh or frozen peas
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 4 parings lemon rind, finely sliced
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 2 tblsps tahini
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 5 large fresh mint leaves or 1/2 tsp dried mint
- salt and pepper
This pate is so easy to make from vegetables you can keep in the freezer but it’s extra special made from fresh ingredients when they are in season.
1 Cook the beans and peas in boiling water for 3 minutes.
2 Drain the vegetables and place in a food processor along with the garlic, lemon parings, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and mint.
3 Process the mixture until smooth and creamy adding a little water if the pate is too stiff.
4 Season to taste with salt and pepper, allow to cool and serve.