Fish with Lemon and Anchovies
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 pieces white fish such as cod, haddock or hake
- 1 tsp anchovy oil
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely sliced
- 3 parings lemon rind, finely sliced
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
This simply cooked fish receives an intense hit of flavour from the lemon rind and anchovies. There’s no need to add salt because anchovies are salty but add a sprinkle of pepper if you like.
- Place the coconut oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the fish, skin side uppermost and cook on a medium/high heat until the fish is is golden brown.
- Turn the fish over, lower the heat and cook until the fish has just turned from opaque to translucent. Lift out onto serving plates.
- Add the anchovy oil, anchovies, lemon rind and lemon juice to the pan. Heat through then pour the mixture over the fish and serve.