This whole meal on a tray can be prepared ahead of time and popped into the oven when you are ready to eat. If you line the tray there will be very little washing up and the food is a real treat – substantial, comforting and tasty.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan), gas mark 6, and line a large baking tray with foil or baking parchment (optional).
- Place the oil, garlic, paprika, rosemary, thyme and some seasoning in a large pan or bowl and add the onions, squash and potatoes. Toss to coat them with the oil mixture, then lift them out with a slotted spoon and spread them evenly on the baking tray.
- Rub the chicken pieces in any remaining oil and place these in amongst the vegetables.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 30 minutes then add the chorizo, sage and tomatoes, coating the sage leaves with oil from the tray if possible. Move any vegetables that are browning too quickly to the centre of the tray. Bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables and chicken are cooked.
- Serve with fresh green vegetables or salad if desired.