Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 2 tbsps oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 275g (10 oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 portions gluten- free pasta
- ¼ stock cube dissolved in 200ml (7 fl oz) hot water
- 4 tbsps coconut cream (the thick part from a tin of coconut milk)
- 1 tsp mustard powder or 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 dstsp gluten-free flour
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 3 parings lemon rind, finely diced to garnish
It’s difficult to believe that this creamy mushroom pasta is dairy-free, and of course it’s gluten-free too!
- Heat the oil in a large pan and sweat the onion and garlic until the onion is soft. Add the mushrooms and continue to sweat until the mushrooms start to release their juices.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the directions.
- Mix the stock, coconut cream, mustard and gluten-free flour and add to the pan with the mushrooms. Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring continuously and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mushroom sauce along with the parsley. Stir to combine, then add a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste. Garnish with the extra parsley and lemon.