Fresh Salmon and Spinach Risotto
- 30g tin anchovies plus 1 tbsp anchovy oil
- 1 medium onion (or leek), diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 310g (11oz) arborio rice
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- ½ stock cube dissolved in 1 litre (1¾ pints) boiling water
- Grated rind ½ lemon (optional)
- 1 portion fresh salmon (approx 350g/12oz), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 4 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped mint or fennel (optional)
- Squeeze lemon juice (optional)
The anchovies in this recipe give a really rich and intense flavour to the risotto. This easy all-in-one recipe is ready to eat in 20 minutes once it starts to cook.
- Heat the oil from the anchovies in a flat bottomed paella-type pan or frying pan with a lid, and sweat the onion and anchovy fillets until they begin to soften.
- Add the red pepper, rice and sun-dried tomatoes and toss to coat with the oil.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, turn the heat down to medium/low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes then mix in the lemon rind, salmon and spinach.
- Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice, salmon and vegetables are cooked.
- Add the herbs, plus a good squeeze of lemon juice and pepper to taste. You shouldn’t need any salt as the stock and anchovies are both salty.