The anchovies in this recipe give a really rich and intense flavour to the risotto. This easy all-in-one recipe is ready to eat in 20 minutes once it starts to cook.
- Heat the oil from the anchovies in a flat bottomed paella-type pan or frying pan with a lid, and sweat the onion and anchovy fillets until they begin to soften.
- Add the red pepper, rice and sun-dried tomatoes and toss to coat with the oil.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, turn the heat down to medium/low and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes then mix in the lemon rind, salmon and spinach.
- Continue to cook for a further 5 minutes or until the rice, salmon and vegetables are cooked.
- Add the herbs, plus a good squeeze of lemon juice and pepper to taste. You shouldn’t need any salt as the stock and anchovies are both salty.