- 115g (4 oz) cherries
- 115g (4 oz) cup grapes
- 1 mango
- ¼ melon
- 5ml (1 tsp) Gelozone
- 285ml (10fl oz) fruit juice
Gelozone is the vegetarian equivalent of gelatine. Use fruit juice from a carton rather than freshly squeezed as this is slightly less acidic. Other fruits can be substituted, such as pear, peach, sharon fruit, bananas and strawberries.
- Peel and stone the fruit and dice the mango and melon. Layer the fruit in a terrine or loaf tin.
- Mix the Gelozone with the fruit juice in a pan and stir until dissolved.
- Bring just to the boil then pour over the fruit in the terrine while still hot.
- Refrigerate until set, then serve cut into slices.