Green Salad with a Difference
- 110g (4oz) lambs lettuce
- 1 green apple, finely sliced
- 2 handfuls grapes, halved
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 10cm (4in) piece cucumber, halved and sliced
- juice of 1/2 orange
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1tsp mild tasting runny honey
- 1 tsp grainy mustard or 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Simple to make this green salad is a combination of fruit and vegetables and looks amazing. Cooked green beans work well if you need to make a substitution.
1 Toss all the salad ingredients together and place in a serving bowl.
2 To make the dressing whisk together the fruit juices, honey and mustard, then add an equal quantity of olive oil to the juices. Season to taste.
3 Dress the salad just before serving or serve the dressing alongside the salad.