King Prawns and Chorizo in Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 75ml (3fl oz) water
- salt and pepper
- To Finish
- 7.5 cm (3in) piece of chorizo, finely diced
- 2 handfuls of quick cook vegetables
- such as sugar snap peas, baby sweetcorn or spinach
- 12 raw king prawns
I like to double the tomato sauce in this recipe so I have a spare portion for another day. It freezes really well. Serve the sauce with pasta, baked potatoes, or a grain such as rice or quinoa.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a pan and sweat the onion and garlic until they start to soften.
- Add the oregano, tomatoes, tomato puree and water and then bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for about 20 mins or until the sauce is thick. Process if you prefer a smoother sauce and add a little water if the sauce is too thick. Then season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chorizo in the oil that it releases until it starts to brown. Add the chorizo to the tomato sauce along with the vegetables and king prawns.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and simmer for a 4-5 minutes or until the prawns and vegetables are cooked then serve immediately.