Lamb and Vegetable Kebabs
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 2 tbsps oil, melted if necessary
- 1 tsp ginger juice (squeeze from grated ginger)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp crushed cardamom seeds or ground cardamom
- 1/8-1/4 tsp chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- 250g (9oz) leg lamb, cut into large cubes
- 1 courgette, thickly sliced
- 8 whole chestnut mushrooms
- 1 red onion, cut into quarters, then
- each quarter separated into layers
- 4 kebab skewers
These lamb and vegetable kebabs can be prepared ahead of time and are perfect with either summer salads or winter fayre. You could serve them with rice, quinoa, cauliflower rice or courgette spaghetti or make substitutions for the vegetables. The variations are endless but you will love the results.
1 Whisk together the marinade ingredients in a large pan or bowl, add the meat and vegetables and toss to coat with the marinade. Place in the fridge and allow to stand for 2-3 hours.
2 Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan), gas mark 6.
3 Thread the lamb and vegetables onto the skewers alternating the ingredients.
4 Place the kebabs on a baking tray and cook for 20-30 minutes or until the lamb and vegetables are just cooked, then serve immediately.