Leek, Pea and Watercress Soup
- 1.2 litres (2 pts) stock
- 250g (9 oz) potatoes, finely diced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 110g (4oz) watercress, roughly chopped
- 200g (7oz) frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- extra watercress to garnish
Soups are my winter staple. I always like to have a pot on the go. I invented this one when I had a surplus of leeks and the landcress at the allotment was in danger of being caught by the frost. It has now become one of my firm favourites.
- Bring the stock to the boil and cook the potatoes for a few minutes before adding the leeks and simmering until both are cooked.
- Add the watercress and frozen peas, bring to the boil and simmer for two minutes or until the watercress is soft.
- Process the soup until smooth and creamy and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve sprinkled with watercress leaves.