Roasted Vegetables with Courgetti and Salsa Verde
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges, then
- broken into smaller chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 8 large mushrooms, halved
- 8 asparagus spears cut into short lengths
- Marinade and Salsa
- 2 tsps sesame oil
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsps mustard powder
- salt and pepper
- Salsa Verde
- remaining half of marinade
- 4 tbsps chopped coriander or basil
- 2 lge tomatoes, very finely diced (skinned if you prefer)
- 2 courgettes, cut into strips with a julienne peeler or spiralizer
This easy to make, colourful and delicious recipe is full of ‘good for you ingredients’. Ideal for a lunch or a light supper or to wow your friends.
1 Preheat the oven to 200°c (180°c fan), gas mark 6.
2 Whisk together the marinade ingredients and put half the mixture to one side to use in the salsa. Toss the vegetables in the remaining marinade and spread them on a large baking tray.
3 Place the vegetables in the centre of the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until they are just tender.
4 Meanwhile mix together the salsa ingredients and then stir fry the courgetti in a dry pan for 3-5 minutes until it is heated through and just starting to soften but still retaining its shape.
5 Serve the courgetti in bowls, with the roasted vegetables piled on top, then drizzle over the salsa.