Salmon Parcels with Citrus Juices
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- 3 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 courgette, finely sliced
- 2 thick pieces salmon (or other fish)
- Juice of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ginger juice (squeeze from grated ginger)
- salt and pepper
- 2 slices lemon, quartered
- ! tblsp chopped fresh herbs (coriander, mint, fennel)
- 3 parings lemon rind, finely sliced
- 2 pieces parchment about 30cm (12in) square
This is a really easy and delicious way to cook fish which keeps the flesh really moist. It also cuts down on washing up and fishy smells.
1 Preheat the oven to 200°c (180°c fan ) gas mark 6.
2 Place the two pieces of parchment on a worksurface and pile the spinach, mushrooms, pepper and courgettes into the centre of each piece then place the fish on top.
3 Mix together the orange, lemon and ginger juice, season with salt and pepper and pour over the fish and vegetables.
4 Lay the lemon quarters on top of the fish and then sprinkle over the herbs and lemon parings.
5 Fold the parchment to make sealed parcels and place these on a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is just cooked.