These chocolate cups are crispy on the outside and soft and gooey in the middle. If you don’t have Medjool dates, just soak standard whole dates in hot water until they soften, then squeeze out any excess water.
- To make the salted caramel, blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy and then freeze the mixture until it thickens and sets. Once it has set, you can use a teaspoon to scoop out enough of the mixture to fit each paper case (this is easy to do, as it doesn’t set solid) and roll it quickly into small balls. Then flatten each ball into a disc shape.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water (removed from the heat)
- Place a good ½ teaspoon of melted chocolate in each paper case and add a piece of frozen salted caramel on top, pressing it down a little so that the chocolate squidges up the sides of the paper case.
- Drizzle more chocolate over the top of the salted caramel so that it covers the surface and runs down the sides of the caramel to meet the layer beneath.
- Place the toasted almonds on top and press into the chocolate. Put the sweets in the fridge to set and either store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for later.