Summer Fruit Pudding
- About 5 slices of gluten-free bread
- 225g (8oz) fresh or frozen raspberries, defrosted if necessary
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp mild tasting runny honey
- 110g (4oz) fresh raspberries
- 110g (4oz) fresh blueberries
- 110g (4oz) fresh strawberries, cut into pieces
- extra fruit to decorate
- 570ml (1 pint) pudding basin
Who doesn’t love a summer fruit pudding? I used bought sliced gluten-free bread in this recipe and avoided adding sugar by making a puree from some of the raspberries.
- Remove the crusts from the bread and line the pudding basin with the bread slices, cutting them to fit and making sure there are no gaps.
- Process the 225g (8oz) of raspberries with the vanilla extract, then sieve the mixture to remove the seeds, using the back of a spoon to press the pulp through the sieve.
- Place the raspberry juice in a measuring jug and make up to 340ml (12fl oz) with water, then place this in a pan with the honey.
- Heat the raspberry juice until quite warm then remove from the heat, add the fresh fruit and mix well.
- Spoon the fruit into the bread lined bowl, keeping any excess juice and pouring it into a jug for later.
- Place another cut-to-shape piece of bread on top of the bowl, then fit a plate inside the top of the bowl and place some weights on top to compress the fruit. Chill overnight in the fridge.
- Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before serving and turn out onto a plate. Drizzle a little of the spare juice over the top and decorate the pudding with a little fresh fruit. Serve any remaining juice alongside the pudding.